A dream has come true
One of my greatest experiences! A dream come true! I've done a marathon and
it may not yet understand correctly.
Then still under 4 hours. :-) By the end I had doubts
to make it at all.
I must go now finally got me and all this process. I know
not know if I will again run a marathon. The last 10 km were
ass when what I have since gone through emotionally and physically, I can not describe
. Each flow step caused pain.
short time an account, it all went
Sun
Ca. 30min before the start I was warm and made me a lot
stretching exercises, just what I always vernächlässigte during training.
general, I made many mistakes during training, to long runs (of the
time ago), too little stretching, and so on. More below.
At the start I was very excited, I did not know what will happen to me
. Actually I wanted to start in the last block, but then I decided
but for block B, so I can then drop back.
The launch, about 950 runners set out on their long
way to create 42,195 km. Wow, the thought is hard: 42,195 km.
The balloon-man! :-)
I ran behind the group of 3h: 59min balloon man behind. This is the
runners by the Association, the marathon in about 3 hours: will run 59min. He has a
yellow T-shirt with the inscription 3h 59min, and a balloon with the same inscription
. It came over me a feeling of happiness to run with all the people
of Regensburg. Although not many spectators along the route
were, we were cheered again and again. The first about 8km I was always a good boy
behind the balloon man. I felt very well and overtook
then even the balloon-man ran, and my personal feel-good pace that was slightly faster than
the balloon man. My breathing was slow and quiet. In between I also had to
exit times, so quickly into a bush.
g * Oh, I've eaten about 2 hours before the start of a banana and my beloved home
barley grass juice. I've even seen a runner before
start smoking a cigarette. What can we say? The best
nothing ....... (Even some drunk after race beer or cola) was
So now outside of Regensburg on, well into the green. The sun seemed
, but it was not, was just right. The water levels were always well stocked and
the team motivated us always very good. Everyone got a
sponge, the then dive into the pool could. So did every time
very good.
chatting with Hans the goal
closer
from about km 15, I was always behind two runners, a woman and a man
you just had my feel-good pace. From about 22km, the woman ran slower and
we were mostly in pairs, me and Hans. I chatted with Hans
relatively intense, we were both still in a good mood, a very nice person! :-) I was able to keep up
his speed is not everything, he said goodbye and wished me all the best
.
Now it was so pretty on alone, with many followers
could tell by the facial expression that it was getting harder. Also, I noticed my legs ached
as more and more. The first got out in front of me or
had a cramp. I do not want to mention that I never got
spasm, not for training and not during the marathon. Sun and
now it comes: When training as I drank only water, reverse osmosis, so
without minerals, just pure water. For me the proof that the
is isotonic drinks all humbug, invented by the industry. We can not exploit the minerals
right because they are inorganic, including
not mineral water. According to many experts, I would but I know how
often have to get a cramp because I've sweated out too many minerals
. Let us not encourage it *****. :-)
km 30, the man with the hammer
comes out of the bushes? Or I run the same against the wall?
Km 30, there is often written like this. The man with a hammer or wait for the
wall against which it is running. * G
with me yet, still ......
Now it's really hard
Km 32, now I see the tear, oh God, still 10 km. I think
me if I'm at km 35, then it is only 7 km away and well arranged, the
I can do then by all means.
The mileage is now pulling out forever long, madness, and again there comes a
kilometer sign. More and more give up before me. At last, at km 35
arrived, now I'll get it!
But I am quite convinced yet, because the pain is worse, faster
the breath, the muscles now become too acidic, I have reached thus in the anaerobic
area (probably earlier).
It's new items to Regensburg, again more viewers to help us super
even bands. The best band was outside, who played super
Rolling Stones songs. :-)
Only 5km, the journey continues through the old town, I clap my hands every now and again
of spectators, especially the children have it pleasure, me too!
:-) But I was probably looks at it as I'm already broken, but calls to:
"Gerald, You're doing great, you make it!" Motivate me (to
each starting point is the first name it).
mobilize all forces last
I notice that I would always slower, my legs are heavy. However
am aware that I can not go, because there is nothing at all, continue
so ......
Ca. km 38, I turn briefly to me: Oh God, the balloon man is about 20 meters behind me and get the
me the same. Now I am seized with the ambition, I say to myself
: "I want to create under 4 hours, the balloon man can not catch me
.
I mobilize my last strength, my very last strength and
accelerating. The distance is again larger, but also the pain, yes, it
there to be an increase in pain. :-( My nipples do
hurt me I had to but they bond as you learn from them (they were
then wiped total, slightly bloody) came
For the first time I thought:.. "The doing Do not you again on
such torment can do without me, it's torture "
But I run, always in mind. Less than 4 hours as long as the
actually do more with the legs I break the same with health.?
sport has everything to do anything that should be clear.
me it is clear But stubborn as I am ................
Hans is back, but a conversation
no longer feasible, we are ready!
What do I see before me? Hans! Hans runs in front of me! His pace has slowed considerably
. I got close and talking to him: "Hi John".
he probably did not expected that I would catch him, quite incredulously
schmerzverzehrtem face, he looks to me: "Hi Gerald. I
only: "Are you so ready?" The answer: "Even".
all I could more to be said again and increased the tempo. Why
are suddenly the mileage so long? That there's nothing!
Only 2km, keep teeth clench. The pain is almost
become unbearable.
Only 1km, now I'll get it, I'm sure if I'm not
support, I run under 4 hours, the audience to call me. "Nor
2 curves.
the goal in mind! !
Yesssss, a sign: "Attention Target. Around the bend, I see the
aim for about 400m! Many viewers, I can even laugh again. Before the finish line
I tear up their arms, I can not believe my luck! I
habs made it! I could hug the whole world, get my medal
moved. Now I have to almost cry, fight with me that I somewhat
remain in focus. Can not go fast, but still limp. Anyway, I'm here,
42.195 kilometers are behind me!
did not even 3 months ago I started running and now I could finish an
a marathon. All this with a vegan diet, of which about 80%
raw food. It is wonderful and I am very happy.
The night was bad, pain, pain, pain. My body
was incredibly hot, the whole body glowed somehow, but it felt
not like fever. I could climb stairs two days just as bad right
. But today, on Day 3 after that, the soreness is almost gone
.
Here I am with my certificate and medal:
Now, the supplements to my training sessions:
31/03/2008
2h 04min
;
01/04/2008
1h 29min
03/04/2008
3h 14min
04/05/2008
3h 36min
Just too long for a workout.
04/08/2008
2h 07min
04/10/2008
3h 35min
05/14/2008
2h 15min
04/17/2008
3h 53min
That was a big mistake. Was then ready. Has a normal
marathon training to do nothing.
'm here practically ran a marathon (by the time since, of course
slowly).
04/20/2008
2h 10min
was very tough, because I still felt the long run.
23/04/2008
2h
tough also.
04/24/2008
2h 15min
04/27/2008
1h 35min
04/30/2008
55min
03/05/2008
30min
Nutrition:
The last 2 weeks almost daily potatoes, otherwise fruit, dried fruit
( Dates, mangoes, grapes), vegetables and 1 x daily
barley grass juice and / or freshly squeezed vegetable juices. Raw food share:
about 80%. Vegan.
0 comments:
Post a Comment